In today's world, you can get anything you want with a few clicks on your keyboard. But if your dream is to see Africa, you might want to forego the Internet and book your trip with someone who knows the continent. Here are ten reasons why using a travel agent who is familiar with African travel will give you a better trip experience.
1. Less Time. There are 54 countries in Africa, and there are countless safari camps and lodges. You might think you can handle paying for these camps and lodges, booking flights, setting up transfers and pickups to and from airports, but it's very time-consuming. Leave the work to a Travel Advisor, who is familiar with the process and accustomed to doing it all.
2. Cut Out the Confusion. If you don't know Africa, you are sure to be confused by all the logistics involved in the planning. It is so much easier to let the expert sort it all out.
3. Less Expensive. If you're planning a stay of more than a few days, it will be cheaper to book through a travel specialist. Travel agents receive a commission from camps and lodges to book travelers, and they might even get you preferred rates or other offers available to them through their relationships with these businesses.
4, Advice From the Pros. Advisors have expertise that comes from regularly booking safaris. Let their knowledge work for you!
5. Fewer mistakes. If you are unfamiliar with the continent, you could make some mistakes when booking on your own that could lead to a disappointing trip. Using a Travel Advisor who is accustomed to the process avoids these mistakes.
6. Let Their Relationships Work For You. Travel Advisors have connections with other experts in the business who could help make your trip a lot smoother, whether it be a tour guide or someone to greet you when you get off the plane.
7. Detail-oriented. When you are booking a trip on your own, it's easy to forget essential details. But a Travel Advisor familiar with the regulations won't let visa requirements, immunizations, attire, the type of electrical plugs you need, etc. slip.
8. Added Insurance. You will still need travel insurance, but by using a Travel Advisor9, there will be fewer mistakes that you might have to use insurance to fix.
9. Someone to Fall Back On. You can fall back on your Travel Advisor if anything goes wrong. You don't have that protection if you book on your own.
10. It's Just Easier. It's much simpler to get someone more knowledgeable about Africa to do all the work for you, so all you have to do is enjoy your trip!
If Africa is on your bucket list, contact me so we can begin planning your adventure.