Going on an African safari has been on my bucket list for years. As an amateur photographer, I long to capture beautiful pictures of South Africa's wildlife. Even if you aren't into safaris, there is so much more to South Africa.
South Africa is Africa's 9th largest country according to its landmass. The reasons to visit this vast and culturally diverse nation are seemingly endless, and that's why it makes it on so many people's bucket lists. To encourage you a little more and to further enhance your excitement, here are five reasons you should make it to South Africa at last once in your life…
1. Cape Town. As one of South Africa's three capitals, the Mother City is one that you must explore. Not only is it one of the top holiday destinations in the entire world, its full of natural, exotic beauty that you can't find anywhere else. There's excellent food, plenty of beaches, and, last but not least, Table Mountain.
2. The Garden Route. For some of the most breathtaking coastline views, take to the Garden Route in Sun City. Visit and view small towns, rugged shores, sandy beaches, and thick forests.
3. Kruger Safari. It may not be the only place to go for a safari adventure in South Africa, but it is undoubtedly one of the greatest. On the safari, you'll get to witness and interact with lions, rhinos, elephants, buffalos, and leopards.
4. Family Safaris. If you have decided to bring the children along on your once-in-a-lifetime, memorable South Africa vacation, make sure to go on several family-friendly safaris. Many of the safari tours will offer youth programs, age-appropriate, hands-on activities, and playgrounds.
5. Explore Johannesburg. Known as Jo'burg, the city is on the rise. Take a walking tour of its diverse neighborhoods, wonder at the public art, attend a rugby match, wander through weekend food and crafts market at 1Fox Precinct, and learn about South Africa's troubled history at the Apartheid Museum. and the Hector Pieterson Museum which commemorates the Soweto uprising.
Of course, the list of reasons to visit South Africa doesn't end here. It would be too hard to name them all. Nonetheless, there are an endless amount of reasons one should make it a point to visit the country. Contact me when you are ready to begin planning your South African adventure.